Funeral Accounts Explained
How is a funeral account compiled ?
An account, whether for a burial or a cremation, consists of two distinct sections.
The first covers our services and the second is the disbursements paid by us on your behalf.
- Provision of a lined coffin with suitable handles and engraved nameplate.
- Removal of the deceased from the place of death to our Chapel of Rest.
- Preparation of the deceased in readiness for viewing.
- Use of our Chapel of Rest.
- Our attendance at the Chapel of Rest whilst you pay your last respects.
- Provision of hearse and limousines.
- Professional services including arranging the funeral with you, completing and delivering documentation, arranging service times at churches, crematorium or cemetery, arranging clergy or speakers, arranging an organist where necessary and placing notices in newspapers.
- Crematorium or cemetery fees.
- Church and clergy fees.
- Doctors fees.
- Medical Referees fees.
- Notices in newspapers.
The above lists are not comprehensive as all funerals are different but are designed to give an insight into how a funeral account is compiled.
Notes regarding disbursements:
Doctor’s Fees: For a cremation to take place the deceased must be examined by two doctors who then complete the necessary statutory forms.
The doctor’s forms are not required if the Coroner issues a Certificate to Cremate after a post mortem has been carried out.
Medical Referee’s Fees: The Medical Referee is a Doctor appointed by the Home Office who attends the Crematorium and, when satisfied that all legal/medical documents are in order, completes the statuary document giving permission for the deceased to be be cremated. No cremation may be carried out without the written permission of the Medical Referee.
A fee is payable to each of doctors signing the certificates and to the Medical Referee
although the latter is included in the cremation fee.
The above mentioned statutory documents and associated fees
are not required for a burial.
Graham, Christine or George will be pleased to assist you with
any queries you may have about funerals.
You can contact them on 01723 - 501027 (24 hours)
G. Roberts Independent Family Funeral Directors is an independent, family run business serving
Scarborough and all surrounding areas